Social Media and Commenting Policy
Thank you for visiting a Pearson Online Academy social media account. To help us maintain an open, helpful, and engaging community experience, please read the guidelines below and abide by them during your visits. Pearson Online Academy reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time.
Pearson Online Academy adheres to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and expects all Facebook users to do the same. This also includes interactions on any social media channel where Pearson Online Academy has a presence.
In addition, Pearson Online Academy reserves the right to remove comments that:
· Contain personal identifying information about anyone, including, but not limited to, current, prospective, or former students, or school faculty and staff
· Contain grossly unsubstantiated claims/baseless accusations, or are factually erroneous, libellous or defamatory
· Are violent, obscene, graphic, threatening, or include hate speech
· Hate speech is defined as any comment that attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group on the basis of who they are, in other words, based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality, race, colour, descent, gender or other identity factor.
· Are personal attacks, bullying, or harassment
· Are profane
· Are spam
· Are off topic, including, but not limited to political or religious comments unrelated to schooling, education, or the school experience
· Contain solicitations
· Cannot be translated into English by Google Translate or other free online translation software
Pearson Online Academy encourages all users to utilise the report links made available by Facebook when finding inappropriate or abusive content.
To protect the privacy and safety of our students, time-sensitive issues and student-specific communications should be delivered via a closed, secure system such as those provided through the Pearson Online Academy education management portal or by calling Pearson Online Academy directly at +44203 467 2685. Users who choose to engage in conversation with Pearson Online Academy in posts, comments, and/or private messages acknowledge that Pearson Online Academy does not control and cannot protect information posted on this page.
Disclaimer: Any view or opinions presented in the user-contributed content on the Pearson Online Academy social media accounts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pearson Online Academy.